Friday Morning Qigong & Movement Meditation
‘Qi’ roughly translates to ‘Vital energies’ and ‘Gong’ to ‘Cultivation’ and is more simply described as a Chinese style of gentle yoga. Medical Qigong is a modality of Chinese medicine and is over 2000 years old.
In this morning class, we will be learning a series of transformative healing movements to nourish your body, calm your mind and energise your spirit!
We will be learning a mix of Daoist Medical Qigong forms including 5 Elements and 8 Trigram Styles
Reported benefits of Qigong include:
* Improved mood, stress and anxiety reduction
* Greater aerobic capacity
* Improved muscle strength & definition
* More energy and stamina
* Enhanced flexibility, balance, and agility.
* Lower blood pressure and improved heart health
* Reduced Inflammation
* Improved self confidence
* Raising the ‘Chi’ energy force
* Reduced racing thoughts
* Deepened connection to body & mind
For more information, visit: https://buddhistlibrary.org.au/events/qi-gong-energise-movements/
Cost: By Donation ($10 suggested)